These training materials run through the hearing and appeal process – after the hearing and a period of reflection you must decide whether or not disciplinary, or any other action, is justified and inform the employee accordingly in writing. The disciplinary process is not concluded until the right to appeal period has ended. The employee has the right to appeal against the outcome at every stage of the disciplinary procedure and it is essential that they are informed of this right.
IN THIS MODULE:
- An interactive flipchart exercise which explores potential hearing outcomes.
- Some interesting stats and discussion around common errors that can be made.
- Activity which explores the biggest curve balls employees can throw during serious disciplinary process.
- Understand the potential outcomes of the hearing.
- Understand the appeals process.
- Know how to handle absences and grievances that may arise during a disciplinary process.
1 hour and 5 minutes.
Those with management responsibility or anyone who has to deal with the disciplinary process at work.
Trainer pack/notes and handouts (included).
This is module 4 from the discipline and dismissals course, all materials can be delivered as stand alone training sessions unless otherwise specified.