Research shows that carrying out return to work interviews is the most effective way for employers to reduce absence levels, however, they aren’t often at the top of priority lists! These training materials will give managers and leaders the skills and confidence to be able to effectively deal with return to work interviews, making it a quick, easy and painless process.
IN THIS MODULE:
- A flip-chart discussion introducing return to work interviews.
- An easy to remember mnemonic for structuring the interview.
- A sticky note activity to identify the key skills and qualities required to conduct an interview.
- A fun and interactive exercise testing the delegates ability to properly listen to the question.
- An exercise for delegates to consider the appropriateness of interview questions.
- A great team exercise where delegates will be given scenarios to act out as the manager or employee.
- Develop a structure to use for return to work interviews.
- Develop key interviewing skills and identify suitable questions to ask employees.
This exercise will take approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes but extra scenarios are available to consider if there is extra time.
Those with management responsibility.
Ideally, 4-16 delegates per session.
- Trainer pack and handouts – optional PowerPoint included.
- Sticky notes. You will need to supply these.