This module contains some material in common with the “coaching skills” module in the coaching skills course. We would, therefore, advise they are not used together to avoid duplication.
IN A NUTSHELL:
- A short lesson on listening featuring discussions on active and interactive listening.
- A discussion of the barriers to effective listening and a task allowing delegates to look internally to their personal barriers.
- An exercise on questioning skills and how to use different types of questions in different circumstances.
- An interactive task in pairs to test the delegates’ questioning and listening skills.
- To discuss the different ways in which we listen.
- To recognise what can prevent us from properly hearing what is being said to us.
- To contrast different methods of questioning to effectively gain information from or resolve issue with the customer.
1 hour, 30 minutes.
Staff of all levels, who have customer service responsibility.
Trainer packs and handouts.
If you would like these training materials translated into another language, please contact us for a quote.